We are excited to announce that Parks on Tap is returning to Philly’s parks this year, bigger and better than ever before! For its third season, Parks on Tap 2018 will kick off on April 26 at the Azalea Garden and will run through September 30, making it the longest season to date. Plus, seven more parks will welcome the traveling beer garden for the first time this year.
Parks on Tap, the beer garden that gives back, is a partnership of Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation with FCM Hospitality. The program brings people of all ages together and activates the city’s parks, including smaller neighborhood parks, locations in East and West Fairmount Park, and public spaces near Center City. What’s more, a portion of the proceeds from each location is reinvested into Philadelphia’s park system.
This year, there will be some welcome returns, including yoga every Thursday from 6-7pm with Roots 2 Rise and happy hour fundraisers that will raise money for that week’s particular park. But expect some new additions, including brunch options on Saturdays and Sundays, more life-sized games–even a newly built bar!
Here’s the full Parks on Tap 2018 schedule, featuring 23 parks!
Parks on Tap Hours
- Wednesday + Thursday: 5 pm to 10 pm
- Friday: 4 pm to 11 pm
- Saturday: 1 pm to 11 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm to 10 pm
Parks on Tap Locations
Parks in bold are sites that Parks on Tap will visit for the first time this year.
- 4/25 – 4/29 Azalea Garden, behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Fairmount
- 5/2 – 5/6 Lovett Park, Mt. Airy
- 5/9 – 5/13 Campbell Square, Port Richmond/Kensington
- 5/16 – 5/20 Fernhill Park, Germantown
- 5/23 – 5/28* FDR Park, South Philadelphia
- 5/30 – 6/3 Gorgas Park, Roxborough
- 6/6 – 6/10 Matthias Baldwin, Spring Garden/Center City
- 6/13 – 6/17 Belmont Plateau, West Fairmount Park
- 6/20 – 6/24 Schuylkill Banks, at Walnut Street in Center City
- 6/27 – 7/1 Columbus Square, Passyunk Square/South Philly
- 7/5 – 7/8** Shofuso Japanese House & Garden, West Fairmount Park
- 7/11 – 7/15 Glendinning Rock Garden, East Fairmount Park
- 7/18 – 7/22 Burholme Park, Burholme/Northeast Philadelphia
- 7/25 – 7/29 Pastorius Park, Chestnut Hill
- 8/1 – 8/5 Mt. Pleasant, East Fairmount Park
- 8/8 – 8/12 Dickinson Square, Pennsport/South Philadelphia
- 8/15 – 8/19 Lemon Hill, East Fairmount Park/Brewerytown
- 8/22 – 8/26 Penn Treaty Park, Fishtown, Delaware River
- 8/29 – 9/3*** Clark Park, West Philadelphia/University City
- 9/5 – 9/9 Pleasant Hill, Far northeast, Delaware River
- 9/12 – 9/16 Waterworks, Art Museum Area/Fairmount
- 9/19 – 9/23 Pretzel Park, Manayunk
- 9/26 – 9/30 Strawberry Mansion Bridge
*Open for Memorial Day on 5/28
**Closed for 4th of July Holiday on 7/4
***Open for Labor Day on 9/3
Be sure to check back here and Parks on Tap’s website for more information, including this year’s food and drinks menu and more!
For more fun ways to celebrate spring in Philly’s parks, click here.