It may be getting colder outside, but Fairmount Park Conservancy doesn’t want that to stop you from discovering the hidden gems of Fairmount Park this winter. The WinTOUR Scavenger Hunt is a free, all-ages virtual scavenger hunt to encourage safe, socially distanced exploration of Fairmount Park even during the coldest months. All participants who complete all of the fun and sometimes quirky “missions” through the GooseChase App will receive a $35-level membership to Fairmount Park Conservancy. Membership to the Conservancy includes free year-round events like guided hikes, walks, trail runs, yoga classes, bike rides, and more.
The Scavenger Hunt starts on Monday, December 21 (the first day of winter) and will guide participants on five different routes throughout East and West Fairmount Park each with one of five themes: historic homes, public art, nature, water, and past & present. <<Click those links to view the routes on GoogleMaps!
The 80 total missions will direct people along the routes, provide fascinating information, and best of all, provide fun challenges and hilarious photo opportunities. Participants will have the entirety of winter to complete the Scavenger Hunt (until the last day of winter, March 19) and when all missions are complete, each person will receive a free $35-membership to Fairmount Park Conservancy. Bundle up and don’t let chilly weather stop you from exploring the 2,050 acres of trails, natural lands, historic landmarks, and public art of East and West Fairmount Park this winter!
Here’s how to play along:
- First! Fill out this brief consent form (required for participation and you will receive the password once you complete the form).
- Download the free GooseChase app to your smartphone.
- Search for “Fairmount Park” and select “WinTOUR in Fairmount Park.”
- Join solo or create a team (limited to 1-4 members; only one person per team will get a membership – so you may want to register separately even if you plan to do the missions together).
- Head to Fairmount Park and start completing the missions from December 21 to March 19!
From one of our fall participants: “I just wanted to send a quick note to you and your team to thank you all for this engaging activity. I’m really enjoying myself so much through it and have seen parts of the park that I’ve never known about or stopped to explore despite living in Philly for 20 years.”
For more information and updates bookmark this page and sign up for our email newsletter.