ATTENTION PARKS AND REC ADVOCATES – WE NEED YOUR HELP!
As we all know, staff at Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, like so many other city employees, have been tirelessly working throughout the COVID-19 crisis: maintaining our parks and public spaces; posting signage and securing sites to maintain social distancing; packing and distributing food for kids and communities in need; managing tree emergencies; and so much more! We recently learned that PPR is quickly running out of face masks to provide for all employees working outside their homes.
We know there are many of you out there who are looking for ways to help during this crisis – please consider joining our effort to MAKE AND DONATE FACE MASKS specifically for our beloved PPR staff members!
Email email@example.com with the number of masks you can commit to making and when you can have them completed by, and we will send you the addresses for the two no-contact drop-off locations (in West Philly and Northeast Philly). Every little bit counts – and thank you!
- If you’re sewing cloth masks at home, please consider donating them to Philadelphia Parks & Recreation employees.
- If you know someone who is making masks, or you see someone post online asking where to make donations, recommend they consider donating them to Parks & Rec employees.
- If you lead a community or social group, create a fabric mask donation drive for Parks & Rec staff.
- If you’re active on social media, post and encourage your family and friends to donate masks to Parks & Rec employees.
- Please note that Parks & Recreation is NOT accepting N95 masks – those should be donated to healthcare workers here.