The Blue Cross Broad Street Run is America’s largest 10-mile race and takes place on one single street in Philadelphia: Broad Street! Due in part to its nearly flat–and even slightly downhill route, it has become a favorite race among the running community for beginners and seasoned participants alike. This year, Fairmount Park Conservancy is once again a charity partner of the Broad Street Run, which means you can run the race with us and fundraise for Philly’s parks!
Last year, runners on our Broad Street Run team of park champions raised over $30,000 while they trained for the big race in May. This year, there are even more reasons–and new perks!–to “run-raise” for Fairmount Park Conservancy. Read on for 7 reasons to join our team!
1. Guaranteed bib for Broad Street
Don’t stress about getting Broad Street Run lottery registration. Since we are an official charity partner of the race, when you register with us, you get a guaranteed bib! Don’t feel like dealing with the lottery? Sign up now! Didn’t get a bib through the lottery? No problem – you can still join our team.
2. You can run to make a difference
When you run the Blue Cross Broad Street Run with us you are asked to pay a $25 registration fee and raise $475 by June 1, 2020. The funds you raise help us fulfill our mission to bring Philly’s parks to life. Thanks to hundreds of runners who have participated over the last 8 years, we’ve been able to restore the historic Belmont Plateau 5k Cross Country Course and have built the first sections of the Trolley Trail—a planned 5 mile soft trail loop around West Park following the route of the former Fairmount Park Trolley. Help us continue our work and join our team!
3. Enjoy free training runs through Philly’s parks
If you love running in Philly’s parks, you’ll love training in them, too! When you join our team, you get the perk of attending group trail runs through amazing trails in different areas of Philadelphia’s parks you may have never seen. You’ll get to know some great trails that you can return to with your running buddies and see some of our trail improvements first hand! See the full schedule here.
4. You’ll become a Conservancy member
When you sign up to run with us, you get a $50-level membership to the Fairmount Park Conservancy, which includes lots of great perks:
- Printed copy of our 50 Unique Experiences in Fairmount Park map
- Free and discounted member events including guided hikes, yoga classes, kayak trips, runs, and more! Upcoming events listed here.
- Fairmount Park Conservancy stickers
- Members e-newsletter with exclusive member-only events and first chance to register for events.
- The exclusive Park Perk Pass! Includes discounts for park institutions and partners such as museums, cafes, and cultural and recreational attractions.
Click here for a full list!
5. Runners get a FREE ticket to special events this year
Along with free and discounted member events, if you run with us you will receive a ticket to this year’s Glow in the Park in October ($45 value)!
6. Rock some EXCLUSIVE Conservancy swag
From Conservancy running hats to fanny packs, our runners have enjoyed great park swag!
7. NEW this year: Perks for donors!
Donors to your campaign can opt in to receive Fairmount Park Conservancy membership benefits for their donation.
Ready to sign up? Click here and you’ll be registered for the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run in no time! And remember…don’t just run in the park, run FOR it!
Does your company want a set of bibs for their employees with extra perks? Please contact Brian Parkhill at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Fairmount Park Conservancy’s 2020 Broad Street Run Team is supported by Diadora, our official “Run & Trail” sponsor.