The Blue Cross Broad Street Run is America’s largest 10-mile race and takes place on one single street in Philadelphia: Broad Street! Due in part to its nearly flat–and even slightly downhill route, it has become a favorite race among the running community for beginners and seasoned participants alike. This year, Fairmount Park Conservancy is once again a charity partner of the Broad Street Run, which means you can run the race with us and fundraise for Philly’s parks!
Last year, runners on our Broad Street Run team of park champions raised over $18,000 in support of the Conservancy while they trained for the big race in May. This year, there are even more reasons–and new perks!–to “run-raise” for the Conservancy. Read on for 6 reasons to join our team!
1. Receive guaranteed entry to Broad Street
Don’t stress about getting into the Broad Street Run lottery registration. Since we are an official charity partner of the race, when you register with us, you get a guaranteed bib! Didn’t get a bib through the lottery? No problem – you can still join our team. Don’t feel like dealing with the lottery? Sign up now!
2. You can run to make a difference
When you run the Blue Cross Broad Street Run with the Conservancy you are asked to pay a $25 registration fee and raise $475 by June 1, 2019. The funds you raise help us fulfill our mission to bring Philly’s parks to life. By joining our team, you are making a difference for our parks! Learn more about some of the improvements our Broad Street teams have made since 2014.
3. Enjoy free training runs through Philly’s parks
If you love running in Philly’s parks, you’ll love training in them, too! When you join our team, you get the perk of attending group trail runs through amazing trails in different areas of Philadelphia’s parks you may have never seen. You’ll get to know some great trails that you can return to with your running buddies and see some of our trail improvements first hand! See the full schedule here.
4. You’ll become a Conservancy member
When you sign up to run with us, you get a $50-level membership to the Fairmount Park Conservancy, which includes lots of great perks:
- Printed copy of our 50 Unique Experiences in Fairmount Park map
- Free and discounted member events including guided hikes, yoga classes, kayak trips, runs, and more! Upcoming events listed here.
- Fairmount Park Conservancy stickers
- Members e-newsletter with exclusive member-only events and first chance to register for events.
- The exclusive Park Perk Pass! Includes discounts for park institutions and partners such as museums, cafes, and cultural and recreational attractions.
Click here for a full list!
5. NEW this year: Runners receive a FREE ticket to special Conservancy events this year
Along with free and discounted member events, if you run with us you will receive a choice of ticket to this year’s Love Park VIP Fundraising Event ($100 value) or Glow in the Park ($45 value)!
6. Rock some EXCLUSIVE Conservancy swag
We are still finalizing what our “cool swag” item will be this year, but last year we hooked our team up with sweet run-friendly hats.
Ready to sign up? Click here and you’ll be registered for the 2019 Blue Cross Broad Street Run in no time! And remember…don’t just run in the park, run FOR it!