With the holiday season officially in full swing, chances are you might be thinking of ways to give back. If you love Philly’s parks, consider this your guide to supporting them! Here are five ways to give back to Philly’s parks and the Conservancy’s work to bring parks to life. Thank you so much for your support!
1. Make a tax-deductible donation to our annual appeal
Your support of the Conservancy will help us bring these exciting projects to life:
- The implementation of the FDR Park master plan
- The completion of the Trolley Trail in West Fairmount Park
Plus our everyday work to:
- Steward 130+ parks and community gardens
- Preserve and restore nearly 50 historic structures
- Restore Philly’s urban forests, meadows, and waterways
- Engage more than 5,000 volunteers who put in 15,000+ hours
- Enliven the parks with Getaway at the Greenhouse, The Oval+, Parks on Tap, We Walk PHL, and free events at LOVE Park
- Boost visitors to the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park
2. Experience The Present at Christmas Village at LOVE Park
The Present is back at LOVE Park this year during the Christmas Village! At The Present, parkgoers can make a donation to Philly’s parks (Fairmount Park Conservancy) and to help the homeless (Project HOME), simply by dipping their credit card into the DipJars at the Present. Then, watch as The Present lights up in dazzling colors! Bank of America will generously match up to $5,000 for each cause.
3. Give the gift of membership to Fairmount Park Conservancy
Getting someone a unique, experiential gift this holiday season is just a few clicks away. From membership to a new 2020 Fairmount Park calendar to a cozy sweatshirt we’ve got some great gifts that give back to Philly’s parks. For delivery in time for the holidays, please place your order by the week of December 9th. To order a gift membership, fill out this form and select “I would like this to be a gift” under Additional Information.
4. Visit the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park
Six decked-out historic park mansions in Fairmount Park have opened their doors for holiday treats, crafts and performances during A Very Philly Christmas throughout the entire month of December. Check out all of the festive happenings here. Proceeds from A Very Philly Christmas go to support the ongoing programming and preservation of the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park.
5. Lend a hand at your neighborhood park
Save the Date: The next citywide Love Your Park Service Day is in May 2019! Don’t want to wait that long to show some love for your park? Join us and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation for monthly volunteer cleanups throughout the year: The next one is Saturday, December 14th at Cobbs Creek Park. Register here.
Want to support your neighborhood park year-round? Get involved with your neighborhood’s Park Friends Group! Find your group here and learn how you can lend a hand.