*Update on 02/27/23: We’re excited to announce that our popular WinTOUR Scavenger Hunt has been extended for non-competitive play until the last day of winter on Sunday, March 19!*
Announcing the return of our WinTOUR Scavenger Hunt: a FREE, self-guided, all-ages scavenger hunt to encourage exploration of Fairmount Park even during the coldest months. The 60+ total missions, provided through the GooseChase App, will provide fascinating information, fun challenges, and hilarious photo opportunities. Bundle up and don’t let chilly weather stop you from exploring the 2,050 acres of trails, natural lands, historic landmarks, and public art of East and West Fairmount Park this winter!
Missions are located in six different geographic areas of the park with about ten missions in each spot:
- East River (Art Museum / Kelly Drive)
- West River (MLK Drive)
- Lower East Park (below Girard Ave.)
- Lower West Park (Centennial District, below Montgomery Drive)
- Upper East Park (above Girard Ave.)
- Upper West Park (Belmont Plateau / Chamounix Drive, above Montgomery Drive)
Plus: From January 14 – February 26, participants who complete the fun and sometimes quirky “missions” will compete for the chance to win prizes! Each week, teams that complete all of the week’s missions will be entered in a random drawing to receive a prize. Participate in 1 week or all 6! For those that participate during all 6 weeks, we will be offering prizes to the top three highest scoring teams. The competition for prizes officially ends on Sunday, February 26 at 6 PM.
Here’s how to play along:
- Have EACH PERSON on your team fill out this consent form. (Minors can be included on a parent’s/guardian’s form.)
- Read through our WinTOUR Information Doc that has game rules along with helpful tips/hints. (NOTE: This document includes important information on how to complete the Upper West Park missions that are located on a 2.5-mile loop.)
- Register your team on the GooseChase app (further instructions here).
From one of our past participants: “I just wanted to thank you all for this engaging activity. I’m really enjoying myself so much through it and have seen parts of the park that I’ve never known about or stopped to explore despite living in Philly for 20 years.”
Share your photos with us by tagging @myphillypark and using the hashtags #WinTOUR #fairmountparkscavengerhunt