Spring is in full swing, which means Love Your Park Week is just around the corner! Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation are excited to announce that volunteer registration for the multi-day celebration of service and fun in parks all across Philadelphia is now OPEN!
This year there are 100 parks hosting clean-up service days throughout Love Your Park Week, which runs from May 11 to May 19. To lend a hand at one of the clean-ups, please register here today!
There are also 40 fun events scheduled throughout the week to help you explore new parks and revisit your favorites! Visit the full schedule here.
Questions? Here is everything you need to know about this year’s Love Your Park Week. From dozens upon dozens of free park events to multiple volunteer opportunities, there are plenty of ways to love your park this year!
1. What is Love Your Park Week?
It’s an entire week in Philadelphia dedicated to service and celebration in Philly’s parks that draws 2,500 volunteers to clean and green Philly’s parks each year. The celebrations kick off with a citywide service day, followed by 8 days of fun and free events in more than 100 neighborhood parks.
2. Who runs Love Your Park?
Love Your Park Week is a joint program of Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, and is a collaboration with more than 120 neighborhood-based volunteer groups in the Park Friends Network.
Most Love Your Park events are organized by the Park Friends Network. Park friends groups are community-based groups of neighbors who volunteer their time to host park clean-ups, plan events and activities in their park, and advocate for improvements.
3. How can I volunteer?
First things first: Register to volunteer at loveyourpark.org. The majority of service opportunities will take place on May 11, the citywide service day, but there are other dates available in various parks throughout the whole week, too.
4. Can I sign up with friends to volunteer?
Yes, the more the merrier!
5. My company wants to send a group out – how do we arrange this?
If you are signing up for a group, fill out the online registration form, and please be prepared to include names and contact information for each group member.
6. What if I can’t volunteer on 5/11?
Don’t worry: There are eight more days of Love Your Park events – including more clean-ups! – after the May 11 service day, including more than two dozen cleanups on Saturday, 5/18, too.
- You can also mark your calendar for the November 9 Love Your Park Fall Service Day. Sign up here for updates.
- Our amazing Park Friends Groups across the city host volunteer clean-ups and events all throughout the year. Click here to find your local Park Friends Group.
- Show your support by making a donation to Fairmount Park Conservancy. Funds raised will be used to support programs and projects like Love Your Park Week throughout Philly’s park system.
7. Will I get a T-shirt?
Yes, all registered volunteers will receive a Love Your Park T-shirt on the day of the scheduled clean-up.
8. What is the best place to find out about events happening that week?
All volunteer opportunities and other fun events can be found at loveyourpark.org. Interested volunteers will be able to search for events by type, neighborhood, and number of volunteers needed.
And be sure to follow Fairmount Park Conservancy on social media at @myphillypark on Instagram and Twitter and facebook.com/fairmountparkconservancy on Facebook for regular updates.