The 2023 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge® Philadelphia is officially returning to Philadelphia on Thursday, October 5th, and Fairmount Park Conservancy is the proud beneficiary! One part run and one part party, the Corporate Challenge is the world’s largest corporate running event, powered by fitness, friendly competition, and fun.
From runners to walkers, from entry-level workers to seasoned employees, and from large corporations to start-ups — everyone is welcome to participate! The 3.5-mile race starts at the iconic Philadelphia Museum of Art and traces a scenic route through parts of East Fairmount Park. After crossing the finish line, Company Teams also have the opportunity to socialize over food and drinks at the post-race party.
Fairmount Park Conservancy has been the proud beneficiary of the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Philadelphia for four years running, which has allowed our organization to:
- Hosted 164 public events focused on culture, nature, and health — attended by 6,395 people
- Planted and distributed 13,140 trees through the TreePhilly program and our Natural Lands work
- Coordinated 2,327 volunteers through our Love Your Park Service Days in support of 98 Philadelphia parks, and 888 community volunteers through our volunteer program
- Hosted the We Walk PHL walking and social club at 18 park sites with 5,263 participants
- Produce more than 25,000 pounds of food grown and distributed to local communities in need through Farm Philly
- Completed the restoration and realignment of the Boxers’ Trail in East Fairmount Park
- Began construction on the first-ever Welcome Center and the new Anna C. Verna Playground at FDR Park in South Philadelphia
- Completed the Parkside Pedestrian Improvement Project in the Centennial District of West Fairmount Park
“We see a lot of parallels between the core values of this global running event and our own organization, especially when it comes to community, collaboration, wellness, and creating a place where everyone is welcome,” said Maura McCarthy, Fairmount Park Conservancy’s Chief Executive Officer. “This partnership is also a great way to build awareness for our organization. The needs of Philadelphia’s parks far surpass the public resources available, and the support of members, donors, volunteers, and advocates makes our work possible.”
Join us at the Corporate Challenge — where great teams find their stride.