Experience a site-specific art installation by Black Quantum Futurism at the historic Hatfield House
Saturday, August 14, 2021 - Sunday, September 19, 2021
1:00pm - 5:00pm
3201 West Girard Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19130
From August 14 to September 19, the Hatfield House in East Fairmount Park will host an immersive, site-specific art installation Ancestors returning again / this time only to themselves by Black Quantum Futurism (BQF).
The installation debuts Write No History (2021), a film directed and produced by BQF with filmmaker Bob Sweeney presented as a video and sound installation inside the historic Hatfield House. Write No History features found and archival footage of The Temporal Disruptors, members of an ancient secret society of Black scientists, healers, and writers transporting a “quantum time capsule” between the future, past, and present. The Hatfield House in Fairmount Park is transformed into a gallery of artifacts and found objects from the secret society.
Visitors will walk through the house for a multi-layered experience combining video, sound, and physical objects.
Know before you go:
Ancestors returning again / this time only to themselves
- August 14 to September 19, 2021
- Opening: Saturday, August 14, 1 – 4pm
- Exhibition Open Hours: Wed, Sat, Sun: 1 – 5pm
- No reservations are required; visitors will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Masks are required indoors and social distancing protocols will be in place.
- Limited on-site parking is available. Directions.
- The first floor of the Hatfield House is ADA accessible.
- ADA accessible restrooms will be available.
This exhibition is organized by Past Present Projects of CultureTrust Greater Philadelphia.
Ancestors returning again / this time only to themselves is generously funded by the Knight Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts with additional support provided by ArtPlace America.
Learn more about the Hatfield House here.