Discover Philadelphia’s neighborhood parks with the Love Your Park Scavenger Hunt, which kicks off during Love Your Park Week May 8-16. The Love Your Park Scavenger Hunt is a free, all-ages virtual scavenger hunt to encourage safe, socially distanced exploration of Philadelphia’s beloved neighborhood parks. Participants who complete all of the fun “missions” through the GooseChase App by May 16 will receive a $20-level membership to Fairmount Park Conservancy and a bandana. The first three participants to complete all of the missions will each win a case of Love Your Park Ale delivered to your door with Mainstay’s biermi.com store.
The Love Your Park Scavenger Hunt starts on Saturday, May 8, 2021 and will guide participants to neighborhood parks around the city and will uncover hidden gems like unique public art, natural features, and history. While prizes will only be awarded during Love Your Park Week, the scavenger hunt will remain open through the end of May.
The missions will direct people to 12 neighborhood parks, share fun facts about each green space, and best of all, provide fun challenges and hilarious photo opportunities.
Here’s how to play along:
- First: Fill out this brief consent form (required for participation and you will receive the password once you complete the form).
- Download the free GooseChase app to your smartphone.
- Search for “Love Your Park Scavenger Hunt.”
- Join solo or create a team (limited to 1-4 members; only one person per team will get a membership – so you may want to register separately even if you plan to do the missions together).
- Head out to the neighborhood parks in the Scavenger Hunt and start completing the missions from May 8-31!
Check out the map of participating parks:
All of these parks have a volunteer Friends Group. To learn more about getting involved, visit Loveyourpark.org.
Love Your Park Week is May 8-16, 2021. Love Your Park is a collaborative program managed by the non-profit Fairmount Park Conservancy and the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Parks & Recreation. It is made possible with support from the Knight Foundation, TD Bank, and PECO. Learn more at loveyourpark.org.