Discover the fascinating facts and stories behind the historic houses, natural areas, and public art of Fairmount Park by participating in a free virtual Fairmount Park Scavenger Hunt – Greatest Hits Edition!
That’s right – the latest Fairmount Park Scavenger Hunt features the “greatest hits” from the summer, OcTOURber, and WinTOUR, with all of your favorite missions now in one hunt.
Each first Friday this summer (June 4, July 2, and August 6), new missions will be released, so you can play at your own pace all season long.
Here’s how to play along:
- Fill out this consent form. You will receive a passcode once you fill it out.
- Download the free GooseChase app to your smartphone.
- Search for “Fairmount Park Summer Scavenger Hunt Greatest Hits”
- Join solo or create a team (limited to 1-4 members)
- Head to Fairmount Park and start completing the missions!
Complete all missions by the end of the summer and you’ll win a $50-level membership to the Conservancy, which includes our updated map of Fairmount Park, to be released later this year!
We get it: At 2,050 acres, Fairmount Park is a big place. If you need to find your bearings when scavenger hunting in the park, we recommend starting your missions at Park Hubs – six spots in East and West Fairmount Park that are great jumping off points to your journey. Each spot has wayfinding signage complete with a map of Fairmount Park. View a map of the Park Hubs here.
- Lemon Hill Mansion: 1 Lemon Hill Drive
- Mount Pleasant Mansion: 3800 Mount Pleasant Drive
- Woodford Mansion: 2300 North 33rd Street
- Concourse Lake: South Concourse Drive and Belmont Avenue
- Centennial District: 41st Street and S. Concourse Drive
- Chamounix Drive: Chamounix Drive and South Chamounix Drive
You can also consult our new Fairmount Park Digital Guide here for more maps, including trail routes and hidden gems!
Note 6/4/21: This post was originally published July 2020 and has been updated with the most recent information.