CiderFest at the Historic Houses
Spend a sparkling autumn afternoon at six historic houses in Fairmount Park sipping on cider samples from some of the best cideries around.
September 21, 2019
4:00pm - 9:00pm
General Admission is $45 and and VIP tickets are $70.
This event is rain or shine and for adults ages 21 and older. ID required.
Limited free parking available at each historic house.
PARTICIPATING HISTORIC HOUSES:
Participating houses include Cedar Grove, Laurel Hill Mansion, Lemon Hill Mansion, Mount Pleasant, Historic Strawberry Mansion and Woodford. For more information on the historic houses, visit parkcharms.com.
CiderFest 2019 is sponsored in part by Wyndridge Farms (Dallastown, PA). Additional participating cideries include: Commonwealth Cider (Kensington/Philadelphia, PA), Dressler Estate (Downingtown, PA), Frecon Farms (Boyertown, PA), Hale & True (Bella Vista/Philadelphia, PA), Killarney Cider (Laporte, PA), Kurant Cider (Fishtown/Philadelphia, PA), Original 13 (Kensington/Philadelphia, PA), Ploughman (Aspers, PA), and Young American Hard Cider (Germantown/Philadelphia, PA)
PARTICIPATING FOOD TRUCKS:
Leo’s Backyard BBQ
Every house will have a complimentary “Snack Station” with cheese & crackers, and fresh Lancaster Co. apples, thanks to the generous support of Cabot Creamery and the U.S. Apple Association / Hess Brother’s Fruit Company
OTHER DEMOS / ACTIVITIES:
- Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild presents a Beekeeping Demo and Hive Opening at Historic Strawberry Mansion at 2 and 4 pm.
- Philadelphia Orchard Project presents a hands-on cider pressing & orchard tour at Woodford Mansion
- Tabling from:
Your General Admission ticket includes:
- Our signature CiderFest 2019 4 oz. souvenir tasting glass
- Unlimited cider samples, entertainment and entry into six of Fairmount Park’s Historic Houses
- House-to-house transportation via Phlash’s CiderFest Loop
- Abbreviated self-guided tours of each historic house
- The good feeling that comes with supporting ongoing programs and projects at Fairmount Park’s Historic Houses!
Your VIP experience includes:
- Our limited edition CiderFest 2019 VIP 5.5 oz. souvenir tasting glass
- Special samples of “limited edition” ciders
- Exclusive VIP experiences from 12pm-5pm at all six historic houses, including food pairings, spirit samples, and “behind-the-scenes” guided house tours
- All day access to the VIP Lounge on the 2nd floor of Lemon Hill Mansion’s “Cider Central,”with a spread of food, refreshments, and comfortable seating
- Priority seating for cider expert Mark A. Turdo’s “talk & tasting” presentation about the past, present, and future of PA cider making that concludes with a guided tasting experience
- A $35 Individual Membership to the Fairmount Park Conservancy
For any questions related to CiderFest, please contact John Sigmund at email@example.com or 215.988.9334 ext.117.