Bundle up and join us for this tree-mendous hike along the popular Trolley Trail!
Saturday, February 25, 2023
1:00pm - 3:00pm
3250 Chamounix Dr
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Did you know that there are over 100 species of trees in the Fairmount Park system? From sweetgums to tulip poplars to magnolias — our urban forests are teeming with a variety of tree species. The identification of these majestic beings, however, can be challenging come winter as many are void of their characteristic leaves, fruit, and seeds. Don’t be discouraged though — on this hike, naturalists from the Philadelphia Mycology Club will share tips and tricks for identifying trees even in the dead of winter.
Estimated distance: roughly two miles
Terrain: mostly hilly trails
Level: moderate exertion
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $5, $15, $25
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Appropriate for adults & mature adolescents (minors must be ticketed and accompanied by a guardian).
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for hiking.
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park).
- Estimated distance is two miles over sometimes uneven terrain/hilly trails (moderate exertion level).
- Unfortunately, there are no nearby bathrooms so please plan accordingly.
IMPORTANT: We will leave a few minutes after the scheduled start time. Please arrive at the departure location at least 5 minutes early. We cannot guarantee that latecomers can join after the group has departed.
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking throughout the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the hike will be rescheduled.