Training for Broad Street? Just want to get to know Fairmount Park’s trails a bit better? Join us for Training on Trails on Thursdays in Fairmount Park!
Thursday, April 20, 2023
5:30pm - 7:30pm
1 Boathouse Row
Break out from your running routine, meet fellow runners, and discover the lesser-known trails of East and West Fairmount Park on Thursdays at 5:30pm.
Led by Kevin Roche, an avid runner from the Conservancy staff, “Training on Trails” group runs will be 4-7 miles in length and run at an approximately 10-11 minute mile pace. Runners with a different pace are also welcome. The group will stop at various points along the trail to talk about the park and it’s history and to allow all runners to catch up.
If you’re thinking of running the Broad Street Run on Sunday April 30, consider joining Fairmount Park Conservancy’s Team of Park Champions!
This event is FREE for all registered members of FPC’s Broad Street Team (use discount code sent to you at checkout). All others are welcome to join. Tickets are pay-what-you-can – $5, $10, $15, or $20
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
SCHEDULE: All meet on Thursdays at 5:30 pm:
- 3/9: departing from Lloyd Hall to explore part of Boxer’s Trail & Lemon Hill Trail (about 4 miles)
- 3/23: departing from Lloyd Hall to Upper East Park to explore the entire Boxers’ Trail (about 5 miles)
- 4/6: departing from Chamounix Hostel to explore most of the Trolley Trail (about 6 miles) — please note this is the only run that doesn’t depart from Lloyd Hall
- 4/20: departing from Lloyd Hall to explore West Park’s Centennial District and part of the Crossbow Trail & Lemon Hill Trail (about 7 miles — 2 HOUR RUN, returning to Lloyd Hall around 7:30 pm)
COOL DOWN with DRINKS! Every run (except 4/6) will end with a “Trail Hoppers Happy Hour” at Cosmic Cafe’s Ciderhouse bar at Lloyd Hall. Enjoy the sunset on the Schuylkill and socialize with your fellow runners!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Please wear running sneakers suitable for both hard surface and trails.
- Dress according to weather conditions. We will run in light rain.
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park).
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen.
- There are bathrooms available at the start and end of the run if needed.
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.