Hike through history as we take a trail to the taps.
Saturday, August 20, 2022
5:00pm - 8:00pm
2300 N. 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19132
Join Brad Maule, hike leader extraordinaire and beer lover, for an East Park hike that ends with cold drinks and tasty food at the Waterworks’ Parks on Tap.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a loop hike. It’s a one way hike beginning and ending at the different locations (see below). We strongly suggest using Uber or Lyft to arrive at the starting point so you do not have to return for your vehicle/bike.
- 8/20 East Park Olde Style
Starting Location: Woodford Mansion 2300 North 33rd Street Philadelphia PA 19132
Ending location: Fairmount Water Works Parks on Tap 640 Waterworks Drive Philadelphia, PA 19130
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $15, $20, or $25
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
ATTENDEE INSTRUCTIONS: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Appropriate for adults & mature adolescents (minors must be ticketed and accompanied by a guardian)
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for hiking
- Bring water
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen
- There are nearby bathrooms (port-a-potties) at the beginning and end of hike
- The event officially ends upon arrival to Parks on Tap and the choice to enter the Parks on Tap premises is at the individual discretion of each attendee
- FOR PARKS ON TAP (8/20 date):
- The beer garden is 21+ to enter with valid, government issued, photo identification
- Children, families and anyone under 21 are welcome to join as long as they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Parks on Tap is a free event, but guests must sign-in every visit for contact tracing purposes (there are no longer season-long registrations). Daily sign in can be found at: parksontap.com/signin
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car! However, we strongly recommend arriving with Uber, Lyft, Indego Bike Share, or public transportation. Woodford is across the street from a major Septa bus depot, accessed by routes: 7, 32, 39, 49, 54 and 61.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
PRESENTER BIO: Brad Maule has led hikes for Fairmount Park Conservancy since 2014. In 2015 at the Fairmount Water Works, he exhibited One Man’s Trash, a yearlong collection of trash and its associated data from the Wissahickon Valley Park. With a background in photography, he’s worked with Friends of the Wissahickon, Mt Airy CDC, Chestnut Hill Conservancy, and Hidden City Philadelphia. Parks have been central to his entire existence on this planet, from his hometown Tyrone, PA to Portland, Oregon to Mt Airy, where he’s lived with his cat since 2013.