This event has been canceled due to inclement weather.
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
5:30pm - 7:00pm
Mount Pleasant Mansion
3800 Mt Pleasant Dr
Training for Broad Street? Just want to get to know Fairmount Park’s trails a bit better?
Training on Trails runs, led by Barry Lewis and avid runners from the Conservancy staff, will be 3-7 miles in length and run at an approximately 10-11 minute mile pace. Runners with a different pace are also welcome. The group will stop at various points along the trail to talk about the park and its history and to allow all runners to catch up.
SCHEDULE: All meet on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm:
– 3/23: depart from Mt. Pleasant Mansion to explore the Boxers’ Trail. About 3 miles [CANCELED]
-3/30: depart from Mt. Pleasant Mansion to explore the Boxers’ Trail. About 4 miles [CANCELED]
– 4/6: depart from Lloyd Hall to explore part of Boxer’s Trail & Lemon Hill Trail. About 4 miles.
– 4/13: depart from Mt. Pleasant Mansion to explore the entire Boxers’ Trail. About 5 miles.
– 4/20: depart from Chamounix Hostel to explore the Trolley Trail. About 6 miles
– 4/27: depart from Lloyd Hall to explore part of Boxer’s Trail & Lemon Hill Trail. About 4 miles.
Thinking of running the Broad Street Run on Sunday, May 1? Join Fairmount Park Conservancy’s Team of Park Champions! In the words of coach Barry Lewis: “Dream it…Do it…Get out and Play!”
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $10, $15, or $20
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: Want a fun way to support Philly’s parks while getting to know them better through unique experiences? Join Fairmount Park Conservancy’s membership program! For questions related to this running series or membership, please contact Sara Hirschler at firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENDEE INSTRUCTIONS: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Please wear running sneakers suitable for both hard surface and trails
- Dress according to weather conditions. We will run in light rain.
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park)
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen
- There are bathrooms available at limited locations along the running route if absolutely necessary
PARKING: there is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
ABOUT BARRY LEWIS: Ultrarunner, Triathlete, and Coach Barry Lewis has years of experience as an endurance sports coach, sharing advice on the trail, in classes, and through the occasional workshop. As Barry says “I love when the former ‘drudgery of training’ becomes that part of the day that one can’t do without. But my biggest thrill comes from seeing the transformation that happens when someone moves from “What If” to “What’s Next” because they’ve unlocked the potential within.” Learn more about Barry Lewis at: https://bltlewis.wordpress.com/
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.