Join us for a one of a kind immersive experience with Reiki Master and Sound Meditation Practitioner Tamara Murphy El.
Sunday, May 22, 2022
4:30am - 5:30am
West Fairmount Park, Army Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Join us for a one of a kind immersive experience with Reiki Master and Sound Meditation Practitioner Tamara Murphy El. Let the soothing sounds of nature meld with rhythmic echoes of bowls. Manage your stress, improve your wellbeing, and literally find your grounding on a historic Fairmount Park trail. Hear the singing of meditation bowls from where clang clang once went the trolley!
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a very short group hike (1/2 mile) departing at 8:35 am from the parking lot of the Belmont Plateau.
What is a Sound Bath?
Essentially, a sound bath is a meditation class with ambient sound played by the instructor that aims to guide you into a deeper meditative state. Sound baths use singing bowls and other traditional instruments to play repetitive notes at different frequencies to help bring your focus away from your obsessive thoughts. Think of it as an improvised meditative “concert” in the unique setting that combines nature and built environment.
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $10, $15, or $20
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
ATTENDEE INSTRUCTIONS: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Bring a small meditation cushion, patio chair cushion, old towel, or padded yoga mat that you don’t mind getting a little dirty and you can easily carry with you during the short hike to the location.
- Please wear sturdy shoes, comfy clothes, and dress according to weather conditions.
- Bring water and a snack
- There are nearby bathrooms (port-a-potties)
- Appropriate for adults and mature adolescents
PARKING: there is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
IMPORTANT: We will leave promptly at the scheduled time. Please arrive at the departure location at least 5 minutes early. Latecomers may not be able to join after the group has departed.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
INSTRUCTOR BIO: Tamara Murphy El is a Holistic Wellness and Energy Practitioners from the Energy Healing Center of Philadelphia. Tamara was taught by Master Reiki Teacher Khadijah Renee. Her journey started in 2014 and she finished her Master level in 2021. She gives thanks to Khadijah for believing in her and assisting her along the way. She also gives thanks to her ancestors (African/Cherokee) and her spirit guides who have been assisting her on her journey thus far.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.