Session I: 9:00 – 10:00AM
Saturday, April 9, 2022
9:00am - 10:00am
1500 Pattison Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19130
If you have ever thought about picking up a skateboard, either again or for the first time, this adult beginner one-hour workshop is for you! Stepping on a board can be very intimidating, especially in a skating mecca like FDR Park. But no fear! Our friends at Skate the Foundry are here to help you find the confidence to hit the streets! Participants will learn fundamental skateboard skills, how to balance, and proper body coordination. Throughout the clinic, skaters will also explore creativity, teamwork, while developing their physical and mental strength. Additionally, they will learn how to get on/off a board safely, how to push and go down a small ramp.
Classes taught by 2 experienced and encouraging instructors from Skate the Foundry, Philly’s premiere skateboarding school!
Two sessions available:
Session I: 9:00 – 10:00AM
Session II: 10:15 – 11:15AM
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $20, $25, or $30
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
ATTENDEE INSTRUCTIONS: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- All participants must be 18+. Parents looking for children’s / teens skateboarding classes should visit www.skatethefoundry.com
- A signed waiver is necessary in order to participate. To save time, we ask that you complete it online prior to arriving: https://www.skatethefoundry.com/skate-waiver-fdr-skateboarding-101/
- Boards and safety gear are provided. However, if you have your own board or a helmet, you can use it! Bike helmets are fine, but NO penny boards or longboards are allowed.
- Bring plenty of water and a snack
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum allowed while skateboarding
- There are nearby bathrooms (port-a-potties)
- Wear loose clothing
- Wear comfortable sneakers. Open toe footwear is not allowed (including sandals, flip-flops, heels, etc.)
PARKING: there is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.