Start the day right with a sunrise hike!
Sunday, December 11, 2022
7:00am - 10:00am
900 Grakyn Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19128
Veteran hike leader Brad Maule believes in you. Brad insists that a core group of morning hikers and sun worshipers can achieve the impossible… starting a park event at the crack of dawn! So prove Brad right by joining us on the gorgeous Houston Meadows in time to watch the sun rise over the city. Then we’ll head on a morning loop hike through Houston Meadows and other Wissahickon trails.
Can you sunrise to the challenge? : )
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $15, $20, or $25
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Moderate level hike of about 5 miles on a variety of trails.
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for hiking.
- Bring water and a snack.
- There are NO nearby bathrooms.
- Appropriate for adults & mature adolescents (minors must be ticketed and accompanied by a guardian).
- The hike leaves promptly at the scheduled time. Latecomers may not be able to join the group.
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking in the Houston Playground parking lot (facing skyline vista) . As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
INSTRUCTOR BIO: Brad Maule has led hikes for Fairmount Park Conservancy since 2014. In 2015 at the Fairmount Water Works, he exhibited One Man’s Trash, a yearlong collection of trash and its associated data from the Wissahickon Valley Park. With a background in photography, he’s worked with Friends of the Wissahickon, Mt Airy CDC, Chestnut Hill Conservancy, and Hidden City Philadelphia. Parks have been central to his entire existence on this planet, from his hometown Tyrone, PA to Portland, Oregon to Mt Airy, where he’s lived with his cat since 2013.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be cancelled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.