Join us for a special holiday themed bike tour of East Fairmount Park!
Saturday, December 10, 2022
10:00am - 1:30pm
1 Boathouse Row
Why sleigh when you can cycle?!
Put on your festive winter gear, get your wheels spinning, and cycle the season with a special holiday themed bike tour of East Fairmount Park! Public Program Manager John Sigmund will lead the group on an all-levels bike ride highlighting history, hidden gems, and the stories of interesting places in the park, with an emphasis on holiday related topics. Don’t waste a Saturday shopping when you can slay your way through the park!
The Joy Ride includes:
- A guided 6-7 mile tour, which includes scenic views and attractions of historic East Fairmount Park.
- Stops for short mini-tours of holiday décor at Historic Strawberry Mansion, Woodford Mansion, Laurel Hill Mansion, and Ormiston Mansion, ending at the Philly Christmas Trees market at Lemon Hill Mansion
- Complimentary holiday garb, sleigh bells, and tinsel for your bike. Arrive at 9:30 to dress up and decorate. 🙂
- Complimentary pre-ride coffee at Cosmic Café and post-ride treats and hot chocolate at Lemon Hill tree market
PLEASE NOTE: We will take short tours (about 15 minutes) at each historic house. If you wish to enjoy a longer, more relaxed tour, we suggest visiting the houses on your own in December. More info on “Holidays in the Park“ at the Historic Houses here.
The Joy Ride starts at Lloyd Hall’s Cosmic Cafe (at Boathouse Row) and ends at Lemon Hill Mansion (which is essentially across the street and up a hill). We encourage you to stay at Lemon Hill after the tour to enjoy the Philly Christmas Trees holiday market.
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $20, $25, or $30
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- This event is BYOB…as in, bring your own bike (and helmet!). No bike? No problem! Visit nearby Fairmount Bicycles, who offer half-day rentals.
- Most of the ride is flat, however there will be some hilly sections.
- Everyone must wear a helmet at all times when in motion. Riders who arrive without a helmet will not be permitted to join the tour.
- Appropriate for adults and families with children ages 14 & up. Minors must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
- Please dress according to weather conditions. Please layer up and remember to wear gloves!
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park).
- There are nearby bathrooms available before or after the tour.
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
GUIDE BIO: Read more about your guide John Sigmund here.
Light rain or shine. Rescheduled on Sunday December 11 in the case of severe weather.