Enjoy a hike to explore Fairmount Park’s hidden gems followed by a guided meditation.
Saturday, June 18, 2022
10:00am - 12:30pm
Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
100 N. Horticulture Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Enjoy a hike to explore Fairmount Park’s hidden gems followed by a guided meditation. No prior experience with hiking or meditation required! Hike portion led by park enthusiast and member Ambrose Crenshaw. Meditation portion led by local yoga teacher and personal coach, Nicole Taylor of Evolve Philadelphia.
June 18: Horticulture Center – easier hike. 100 N Horticultural Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19131. Departing from the front entrance (facing the reflecting pol)
Estimated distance: usually about 2-3 miles
Level: easier hike
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $10, $15, or $20
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please wear sturdy shoes, comfy clothes and bring water, a snack and, if you would find it helpful, a small meditation cushion (or towel) that you can carry with you during the hike.
- There are nearby porta potties
- Appropriate for adults and mature adolescents
PARKING: there is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
IMPORTANT: We will leave promptly at scheduled time (10 am). Please arrive at the departure location at least 5 minutes early. Latecomers will not be allowed to join after the group has departed.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be cancelled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.