Connect with others and strengthen your practice with Greenhouse Yoga!
Sunday, February 25, 2024
5:00am - 6:00am
Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
100 N. Horticulture Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Fairmount Park Conservancy is thrilled to announce the much-anticipated return of Greenhouse Yoga at the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center on select dates throughout the winter.
Escape the winter blues and connect with your practice in the lush, tropical setting of the Horticulture Center’s greenhouse. These all-level classes take place on select Sundays and will be led by a rotation of experienced teachers from Tula Yoga.
ABOUT THE HORTICULTURE CENTER: The Horticulture Center in West Fairmount Park, a modern exhibition hall and greenhouse, was built for the Bicentennial Celebration in 1976. It sits on the site of the former Horticultural Hall, an 1876 Centennial Exposition building. Within its walls are a visitor center and greenhouse where one can see many tropical plants and a fine collection of statues interspersed in the greenery. The grounds are open daily. The greenhouse has select open hours that they list on their Instagram page.
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $10, $15, or $20
[ What do we mean by “Pay what you can”? “Pay what you can” is a simple way of describing a sliding scale or tiered pricing system, which is becoming a preferred model for equitable access to programs and services in order to accommodate participants of varied income levels. Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Please bring your own yoga mat. The floor of the Horticulture Center is similar to an outdoor surface. You may want to bring something to place under your yoga mat (both for padding and to keep your yoga mat clean) or be prepared to clean your yoga mat after the class because it will get a little dirty!
- Bring your own water and snack.
- There are bathrooms available inside the Horticulture Center.
- Appropriate for adults and mature adolescents (minors must be ticketed and accompanied by a guardian).
- There are bathrooms available before and after class.
- Due to the large size of the class, we recommend yogis have at least one yoga class under their belt.
- New this year: we are offering two yoga classes on the same day — one from 10:00-11:00 am and another from 11:15 am-12:15 pm. The classes will be the same and led by the same instructor so we suggest only signing up for one each day. If attending the second class, please note that you will not be able to enter the greenhouse until participants from the first class have left.
- Parks and Rec staff are now locking the north entry gate behind the Please Touch Museum. The ONLY entrance available is the south entry off of Montgomery Drive.
PARKING/GETTING THERE: There is plenty of free parking in the lot across from the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car! PLEASE NOTE: if there’s no other event happening, the Parks and Rec staff may close and lock the entry gate after class. We don’t recommend leaving your car in the lot after class has ended. If traveling by public transit, the nearest stop is at Belmont Ave and South Georges Hill Drive – a 1/2 walk from the start. The closest Indego bike station is at Parkside and Belmont Ave, Case Building – one mile from the start.
QUESTIONS? Please reach out to email@example.com
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.
In case of inclement weather making travel unsafe, event will be cancelled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.