Beat the winter blues at the Greenhouse
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
9:00am - 10:00pm
Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
100 N. Horticulture Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Welcome to The Greenhouse, an indoor winter getaway at the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and Fairmount Park Conservancy in partnership with Constellation Culinary Group.
From Saturday, February 1 through Sunday, February 16, beat the winter blues by escaping into this green oasis while enjoying live music, Jungle Rock Recess, cocktails and a cash bar, a giant sandbox, games, and food truck vendors at The Greenhouse.
Wednesday, February 5
- 11:00am-12:30pm- Story Time & Design with Design Philly: Explore the world of architecture + design with little ones at Story Time and Design! Join us for a reading of a creative tale or two, while exploring the building blocks of architecture, design, and our city. Then dive into the design process through fun activities and projects that little ones and their caretakers can take home. A great introduction to the fields of design and create something amazing
Food Partners (6:00pm – 10:00pm)
- Spot Burger Hot Dog Cart
- QT Vietnamese Sandwich
- Okie Dokie Donuts
Admission to the Greenhouse is free! However, we strongly recommend reserving a ticket here so that we can communicate about programming and winter weather updates.
- Tickets are limited to 4 per order. Children 5 and under do not require a ticket.
- For sold out dates you are still welcome to show up and register on-site. Please note that admission is first-come, first-serve as the Horticulture Center has a maximum capacity to ensure everyone’s safety.
ABOUT THE OFFERINGS
The Horticulture Center’s 20,000-square-foot greenhouse will offer free summer-inspired fun with a variety of family-friendly “rooms” including:
- The Jungle – GAIA, traveling zoos, kids rock DJ, face painting, balloon artists
- The Beach – Oversized sandbox for an indoor beach escape
- The Midway – Local food truck vendors and cash bar with craft beers, wine, and handcrafted cocktails
- The Lawn – Green grass for lounging and lawn games
- The Campground—Adirondack chairs and Live music
Getaway at the Greenhouse is picnic-friendly Monday through Friday during the day only. Bring Your Own (BYO) food and non-alcoholic beverages.