Beat the winter blues at the Greenhouse
Saturday, February 15, 2020
10:00am - 10:00pm
Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
100 N. Horticulture Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Welcome to The Greenhouse, an indoor winter getaway at the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and Fairmount Park Conservancy in partnership with Constellation Culinary Group.
From Saturday, February 1 through Sunday, February 16, beat the winter blues by escaping into this green oasis while enjoying live music, Jungle Rock Recess, cocktails and a cash bar, a giant sandbox, games, and food truck vendors at The Greenhouse.
Saturday, February 15
Philly PHLASH Free Shuttle: 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- 12:00pm-3:00pm, Elmwood Park Zoo: Come celebrate wildlife and the environment with Elmwood Park Zoo at the Greenhouse of Fairmount Park Horticulture Center! The zoo will be attending from 12-3pm with live animals and an interactive display table for guests to touch and explore.
- Constellation (starting at 10:00am)
- Spot Burger Hot Dog Cart
- Purposeful Pops
- Constellation (starting at 4:00pm)
- Street Food Philly
- Vegan Commissary
- Weckerly’s Ice Cream
Admission to the Greenhouse is free! However, we strongly recommend reserving a ticket here so that we can communicate about programming and winter weather updates.
- Tickets are limited to 4 per order. Children 5 and under do not require a ticket.
- For sold out dates you are still welcome to show up and register on-site. Please note that admission is first-come, first-serve as the Horticulture Center has a maximum capacity to ensure everyone’s safety.
ABOUT THE OFFERINGS
The Horticulture Center’s 20,000-square-foot greenhouse will offer free summer-inspired fun with a variety of family-friendly “rooms” including:
- The Jungle – GAIA, traveling zoos, kids rock DJ, face painting, balloon artists
- The Beach – Oversized sandbox for an indoor beach escape
- The Midway – Local food truck vendors and cash bar with craft beers, wine, and handcrafted cocktails
- The Lawn – Green grass for lounging and lawn games
- The Campground—Adirondack chairs
Getaway at the Greenhouse is picnic-friendly Monday through Friday during the day only. Bring Your Own (BYO) food and non-alcoholic beverages.