Beat the winter blues at the Greenhouse
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
9:00am - 3:00pm
Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
100 N. Horticulture Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Welcome to The Greenhouse, an indoor winter getaway at the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and Fairmount Park Conservancy in partnership with Constellation Culinary Group.
From Saturday, February 1 through Sunday, February 16, beat the winter blues by escaping into this green oasis while enjoying live music, Jungle Rock Recess, cocktails and a cash bar, a giant sandbox, games, and food truck vendors at The Greenhouse.
Tuesday, February 11
- 11:00am-11:45am, Mister John’s Music
- 12:00pm-12:45pm, Mister John’s Music
Mister John’s Music is pleased to join Philly Parks and Recreation and the Fairmount Park Conservancy for Gateway at the Greenhouse! Offering two of their award-winning interactive 45-minute classes, Mister John’s teachers will guide young children and their caregivers through a hands-on musical experience centered around this year’s theme of “Earth.” Expect stories, songs, surprises and a giant Earth beach ball!
- BYO Picnic
Admission to the Greenhouse is free! However, we strongly recommend reserving a ticket here so that we can communicate about programming and winter weather updates.
- Tickets are limited to 4 per order. Children 5 and under do not require a ticket.
- For sold out dates you are still welcome to show up and register on-site. Please note that admission is first-come, first-serve as the Horticulture Center has a maximum capacity to ensure everyone’s safety.
ABOUT THE OFFERINGS
The Horticulture Center’s 20,000-square-foot greenhouse will offer free summer-inspired fun with a variety of family-friendly “rooms” including:
- The Jungle – GAIA, traveling zoos, kids rock DJ, face painting, balloon artists
- The Beach – Oversized sandbox for an indoor beach escape
- The Midway – Local food truck vendors and cash bar with craft beers, wine, and handcrafted cocktails
- The Lawn – Green grass for lounging and lawn games
- The Campground—Adirondack chairs and Live music
Getaway at the Greenhouse is picnic-friendly Monday through Friday during the day only. Bring Your Own (BYO) food and non-alcoholic beverages.