Join the Philadelphia Mycology Club for a hike along the trails!
Sunday, November 13, 2022
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Edgely Drive and Reservoir Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19121
Maitake, lion’s mane, and oyster mushrooms–with the cooler weather and rainy days of autumn, the forest starts to come alive with different varieties of fungi. Hike along Boxer’s Trail with leaders of the Philadelphia Mycology Club as we learn how to identify common fungi and discover what makes each so unique. Hike route is roughly two miles in length with hills and some rocky, uneven terrain.
Estimated distance: roughly 2 miles
Terrain: mainly hilly trails
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $5, $10, or $15
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Appropriate for adults and families with children ages 14 & up. Minors must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
- Please dress according to weather conditions and wear sturdy walking/hiking footwear
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park)
- Unfortunately there are NO bathrooms available near the hike route
IMPORTANT: We will leave promptly at scheduled time (10 am). Please arrive at the departure location at least 5 minutes early. Latecomers aren’t guaranteed to join after the group has departed.
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking available. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the hike will be rescheduled.