Take a tasty tour of the Food Markets at FDR Park!
Saturday, September 16, 2023
12:45pm - 2:30pm
FDR Park Boathouse
1500 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Join Fairmount Park Conservancy and the Vendors Association of FDR Park for a tasty tour of the Southeast Asian Market on September 16 from 12:45–2:30 PM.
South Philly is home to a vibrant Southeast Asian community, with many Khmer, Lao, Vietnamese, and Thai residents who have enjoyed FDR Park for decades! During the warmer months, vendors set up outdoor stalls selling street food, bubble teas and iced coffees, clothing, and produce. Eater Philly named FDR one of the top places “Where Philly’s Cambodian Community Leaders Go to Eat”.
Join an expert guide who will lead you around dozens of food tents, with the chance to sample and buy Southeast Asian street food, fresh sugarcane juice, tropical fruit smoothies, homemade spice blends, fermented bean pastes, and so much more! Come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
Click here for more information on the market.
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $15, $20, or $25
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- We’ll meet at the FDR Park Boathouse and then walk over to the market together (a 5-10 minute walk).
- Appropriate for adults and families with children ages 10 and up. Minors must be ticketed and accompanied by an adult guardian.
- This is an open-air market so please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please wear appropriate footwear. The heavily trafficked ground of the vendor area can become muddy – we do not recommend open-toed shoes!
- Bring your own water, especially because some food options are spicy.
- There are bathrooms (porta-potties) available nearby.
- The majority of food options include meat and seafood. Limited vegetarian options will be available.
- A few vendors will offer small complimentary samples for the tour. If you plan to enjoy a full-sized meal, please have cash on hand (many vendors do not accept credit/debit cards).
PARKING/GETTING THERE: There is plenty of free parking in the lot between the boathouse and the Swedish Museum. As always, never leave valuables in your car! If traveling by public transit, use SEPTA to travel to Broad Street Line’s NRG Station (last stop). The nearest Indego bike station is at Broad and Pattison.
QUESTIONS? Feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.