Take a tasty tour of the Food Markets at FDR Park!
Saturday, August 20, 2022
10:45am - 12:30pm
FDR Park Boathouse
1500 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
South Philly is home to a vibrant Southeast Asian community, with many Khmer, Lao, Vietnamese, and Thai residents who have enjoyed FDR Park for decades! During the warmer months, vendors set up outdoor stalls selling street food, bubble teas and iced coffees, clothing, and produce. Eater Philly named FDR one the top places “Where Philly’s Cambodian Community Leaders Go to Eat.”
Join an expert guide who will lead you around dozens of food tents, with the chance to sample and buy Southeast Asian street food, fresh sugarcane juice, and tropical fruit smoothies, homage spice blends, fermented pastes, and so much more! Come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can – $10, $15, or $20
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
ATTENDEE INSTRUCTIONS: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- We’ll meet on the steps of the FDR Boathouse and then walk over to the market.
- Appropriate for adults and families with children ages 10 & up. Minors must be ticketed and accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Bring your own water, especially because some food options are spicy!
- The majority of food options include meat and seafood. Limited vegetarian options will be available.
- A few vendors will offer small complimentary samples for the tour. If you plan to enjoy a full-sized meal, please have cash on hand (many vendors do not accept credit/debit cards).
- This is an open-air market– please dress according to weather conditions
- The heavily trafficked ground of the vendor area can become muddy– please wear appropriate footwear (we do not recommend open toed shoes!)
PARKING: There is lots of free parking in between the boathouse at the Swedish Museum. Please note, there is NO PARKING and NO STOPPING on the loop road’s bike lane. It’s a safety hazard and you will be ticketed
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.