CANCELLED due to expected crowds at FDR Park for the Phillies game.
Friday, October 21, 2022
7:00pm - 11:00pm
FDR Park Boathouse
1500 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Want to learn how to dance salsa and bachata? ¡Vamos a bailar en FDR!
Join us every 2nd & 4th Friday at the historic boathouse overlooking the park’s central lake. Experience culture, meet new people, and discover a fun and enjoyable way to keep yourself fit by moving your feet. Hosted by DJ Val Flores & Philly Outdoor Bachata & Salsa.
Tickets are for an hour dance lesson from 7:00-8:00 pm PLUS the social dance from 8:00-11:00 pm! Lesson is from an experienced instructor, who will accommodate all levels.
TICKET PRICES: Pay what you can- $10, $15, or $20 (per person)
[ Not sure what to pay? Please refer to this Sliding Scale Pricing FAQ for additional info. ]
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Ticket provides entry to the all-levels lesson AND the social dance. Come for either… preferably both!
- Tickets are sold individually for each guest.
- If you are not vaccinated, masks MUST be worn at all times.
- All ages and experiences are welcome. Minors must be accompanied by an adult and have tickets.
- The Boathouse is covered so the event takes place rain or shine.
- Boathouse is open air — please dress according to weather conditions.
- There are nearby bathrooms (porta-potties) available.
- Bring water (there are no nearby drinking fountains).
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event attendance is capped. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Vaccinated attendees are not required to wear a mask. If you have NOT been vaccinated, you MUST mask for the duration of the event.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
This event will take place rain or shine. In the event of very severe conditions that make transportation unsafe, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.
FDR Park Plan Overview from Fairmount Park Conservancy on Vimeo