Want to learn how to dance salsa and bachata? ¡Vamos a bailar en FDR!
Friday, September 22, 2023
7:30pm - 11:30pm
FDR Park Boathouse
1500 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Join Fairmount Park Conservancy every second and fourth Friday (April-October) at the historic boathouse overlooking the park’s central lake. Experience culture, meet new people, and discover a fun and enjoyable way to keep yourself fit by moving your feet. Hosted by DJ Val Flores and Philly Outdoor Bachata & Salsa.
The program begins with a one-hour dance lesson from 7:30-8:30 PM followed by a social dance from 8:30-11:30 PM! The lesson is from an experienced instructor, who will accommodate all levels.
TICKETS: $10 donation
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- You’re invited to attend the all-levels lesson AND the social dance. Come for either… preferably both!
- The boathouse is covered so the event takes place rain or shine.
- There will be a food truck there (Taqueria Morales), accepting cash or card.
- All ages and experiences are welcome. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- The boathouse is open-air — please dress according to weather conditions.
- There are nearby bathrooms (porta-potties) available.
- Bring your own water and snacks (there are no nearby drinking fountains).
- Bring sunscreen and bug spray.
PARKING/GETTING THERE: There is plenty of free parking in the lot between the boathouse and the Swedish Museum. As always, never leave valuables in your car! If traveling by public transit, use SEPTA to travel to Broad Street Line’s NRG Station (last stop). The nearest Indego bike station is at Broad and Pattison.
QUESTIONS?: Feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.
This event will take place rain or shine. In the event of very severe conditions that make transportation unsafe, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.