Want to learn how to dance salsa and bachata? ¡Vamos a bailar en FDR!
Friday, May 12, 2023
7:30pm - 11:30pm
FDR Park Boathouse
1500 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Join us every 2nd & 4th Friday at the historic boathouse overlooking the park’s central lake. Experience culture, meet new people, and discover a fun and enjoyable way to keep yourself fit by moving your feet. Hosted by DJ Val Flores & Philly Outdoor Bachata & Salsa.
Program begins with a one hour dance lesson from 7:30-8:30 pm followed by a social dance from 8:30-11:30 pm! Lesson is from an experienced instructor, who will accommodate all levels.
TICKETS: Free! RSVP recommended and donations appreciated.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- You’re invited to attend the all-levels lesson AND the social dance. Come for either… preferably both!
- All ages and experiences are welcome. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Boathouse is covered so the event takes place rain or shine.
- Boathouse is open air — please dress according to weather conditions.
- There are nearby bathrooms (porta-potties) available.
- Bring your own water and snacks (there are no nearby drinking fountains).
PARKING: There is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.
This event will take place rain or shine. In the event of very severe conditions that make transportation unsafe, the event will be canceled and attendees are eligible for a full refund.