RSVP for FREE to celebrate Love Your Park Week!
Sunday, May 15, 2022
2:00pm - 5:00pm
1 Boathouse Row
Join Philadelphia-phile and experienced bike tour guide Graham Robb on an all levels bike ride highlighting history, hidden gems and the stories of interesting places in East Fairmount Park. Stops include the birthplace of the park at Lemon Hill Mansion, Sedgeley Porter’s House — a little known or seen house that is the first Gothic Revival building in the US, Hatfield House, John Coltrane’s House, the Discovery Center, Smith Playhouse, as well as many of the park’s beautiful colonial-era mansions. Graham is a great storyteller who will share many perspectives on our park’s past, present, and future.
TICKET PRICES: FREE RSVP to celebrate Mother’s Day & Love Your Park Week! (Donations are encouraged!)
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: If Philadelphia’s parks make a difference in your life – consider becoming a member of Fairmount Park Conservancy and help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come. PLUS members register first for events and enjoy discounts on park experiences including Treetop Quest, Shofuso and more!
ATTENDEE INSTRUCTIONS: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- This event is BYOB … as in, bring your own bike (and helmet!). No bike? No problem! We’re meeting right next to Wheel Fun Bike Rentals, where FPC members receive a discount.
- Everyone must wear a helmet at all times. Riders who arrive without a helmet will not be permitted to join the tour.
- Most of the ride is flat, however there will be some hilly sections.
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Please bring your own water and snacks (drinking water is not available in the park).
- Appropriate for Adults and families with children ages 14 & up. Minors must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
- There are nearby bathrooms available before or after the tour.
PARKING: there is plenty of free parking in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event has limited capacity. Please only register if you fully intend to attend and let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event.
- Please bring a mask. We encourage you to wear it if you’re in proximity to others.
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting COVID-19 systems, please stay home.
PRESENTER BIOS: Graham Robb is a “retired” lawyer who enjoys biking, hiking, gardening and learning anything new. When he is not officiating high school sports he volunteers much of his time with various organizations including Habitat for Humanity for whom he leads teams of volunteers on builds around the world. A lifelong resident of Philadelphia, Graham is something of a history and genealogy buff – having traced his Philadelphia ancestors back to the 1680s – and loves sharing past and current stories about his favorite city.
This event will take place in light rain. In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be rescheduled.