Our 2023 Jazz Appreciation Month (JAM) series continues with an afternoon of “Brass in the Grass” overlooking the Schuylkill River!
Saturday, April 29, 2023
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Fairmount Water Works
640 Water Works Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Join us at the scenic Fairmount Water Works promenade gazebo for a special performance from Timberdale Brass, Philadelphia’s premiere brass ensemble. In honor of Jazz Appreciation Month, Timberdale Brass swings into spring with jazz tunes and jazz inspired arrangements guaranteed to keep the audience smiling and coming back for more! Selections will range from early 20th-century hot jazz to mid-century big band favorites to hard swinging arrangements of American Songbook standards by the likes of Ellington, Gershwin, and Porter.
Limited seating will be provided so we encourage you to bring your own lawn chair or picnic blanket and bring your own food and refreshments.
The afternoon of music is part of our 2023 JAM Series, presented in partnership with the Music Performance Trust Fund and the American Federation of Musicians Local 77. Click on the links below for more info and to RSVP for the other shows in this series:
- April 1, 12-3 pm – Jazz History at Hatfield House: “Miles on My Mind” & “A Jazz Tribute to Bill Withers”
- April 8, 12-3 pm – Jazz History at Hatfield House: Happy Birthday to Billie, Freddie, and Carmen McCrea!
- April 30, 1-4 pm – Jazz History at Hatfield House: Honoring Wonderful Women & Local Legends of Jazz Music
SCHEDULE: Performances from 1–2 PM and 3–4 PM
TICKETS: FREE! Advanced RSVP is appreciated
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Event is outside so please dress for the weather.
- Bring your own food & drink.
- Bring a lawn chair or a picnic blanket.
- There are bathrooms located at nearby Lloyd Hall
PARKING: Plenty of FREE parking in the Waterworks Dr. lot behind the Art Museum and next to Lloyd Hall Recreation Center (2 hour time limit is not enforced). As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.