Celebrate fall with a series of free drop-in events at the new Anna C. Verna Playground!
Saturday, October 28, 2023
9:30am - 11:30am
Anna C. Verna Playground
Picnic Area #2 at FDR Park
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Celebrate your favorite fall festivals by joining Fairmount Park Conservancy and the Free Library’s Thomas F. Donatucci Branch for themed craft and storytimes in the park on Saturday, October 28 from 9:30–11:30 AM. Participants are welcome to come dressed in costume, and artist AliciaWilbyArt will also be there doing free Halloween and Day of the Dead face painting throughout the morning.
Families can drop in anytime between 9:30–11:30 AM. Storytimes will occur every half hour and will last roughly 15 minutes. The face painting line will be cut off slightly before the end time to allow the artist to finish in time. Registration is appreciated but not required. All ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Read more about the Anna C. Verna Playground here.
2023 ANNA C. VERNA PLAYGROUND POP-UP EVENT SCHEDULE
(all pop-up events are from 9:30–11:30 AM)
- Saturday, October 28: Storytime with the Free Library + Face Painting
- Sunday, October 29: Fall Flavors and Flowers with Greener Partners and Botanic Village
- Saturday, November 4: Music in the Park with Mister John’s Music
- Saturday, November 11: Storytime with the Free Library + Face Painting
- Sunday, November 12: Art in the Park with Fleisher Art Memorial
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Families are welcome to drop in anytime between 9:30-11:30 AM.
- All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pop-up events are entirely outside so please dress for the weather.
PARKING/GETTING THERE: There is plenty of free parking in the lot across from the playground. There is additional parking in the lot between the boathouse and the Swedish Museum (a 2-3 minute walk from the playground). As always, never leave valuables in your car! If traveling by public transit, use SEPTA to travel to Broad Street Line’s NRG Station (last stop). The nearest Indego bike station is at Broad and Pattison.
QUESTIONS? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy our programs? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come! Supporters enjoy special benefits like early registration access for events and our Park Perk Pass, which offers discounts and benefits throughout Philadelphia.
In the event of heavy rain or other severe conditions, the event will be canceled and registrants will be notified via email.